Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Biker Dan: One Hero of a Guy

Big Dan is quite a character. He’s smiling here but don’t let that fool you. Dan has seen the dark side of life. He has been places and experienced things that most folks can't imagine. And wouldn't want to.

Dan is covered with tattoos and he’s got a couple of stubs where fingers used to be. Need I mention that he’s into Harleys.

Dan’s a big guy. He’s very tall and incredibly strong. No surprise there. He's been in situations where there wasn't much to do besides work out or read books. Or get into fights. Dan’s somebody that you want to have in your corner.

There have been moments when I've wished Dan were right here beside me. From time to time – not often, but occasionally – I’ve had the feeling that certain predatory types of personalities enjoy bullying single females. Such as myself. Because they think they can. It has been a while since I’ve dealt with that, thank the good Lord. But I will confess that during such moments I have fantacized about calling Dan to give me a hand with the rascals. I have seen grown men cower standing next to Dan. And to see a bully quake with fear? I'm okay with that. (Forgive me, dear Lord.)

There was a time when Dan was my least favorite person. We spent years together in the early 50's and he tore up my doll clothes and in general made life miserable. But Dan has turned a corner in the new millenium and what a nice guy he has become. He’s been enjoying his freedom for almost three years now. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is a major achievement. Several years back, Dan married the perfect Biker Babe and together they are raising the perfect Biker Boy.

I’m so proud to say that I know Dan. I applaud him for the good choices he has been making. I look up to him in lots of ways. Oh, I should mention that Dan is my little brother. Happy Birthday dear Dan!

P.S: And Dan, I doubt that you’ll ever see this post on your own. But if you do and don’t like it, just ask and I will consider tweaking it a bit. But you must ask nicely. Because guess what. Older sisters aren't easily intimidated. At least not by their younger brothers. ;)

No comments: