Wednesday, April 02, 2008

The Taxi's Waiting, He's Blowin' His Horn. . .

Hello from Moscow! I'm at Sheremetevo-2, the international airport here and prepping to catch flight to Atlanta after trip on the "Quiet Don," the overnight train from Rostov to Moscow. Like a nice, cheap hotel. Plusses and minusses, but a great way to catch up on naps for lik 18 hours.


This was the scene yesterday:

Taxi waiting for you-know-who.


What some folks would give to have one of these. Very blessed.


And what would I give to have my Russian visa renewed. Well, for starters about $350 to the consulate. Hoping and praying. . .


Last minute souvenir. Yumm, caviar. Some people think it's yummy anyway...have YOU ever tried?


Kids love rubles. They think they're getting a lot of money when I give them a 10-ruble note. Divide that by 23.5 rubles to the dollar and, yep, suddenly they're millionaires. ;)

Well, got a plane to catch, Delta Moscow to Atlanta. Overnighting with family of little Natasha there, remember the young lady just adopted by a family in Atlanta? Yea - a long layover, almost 24 hrs.

The taxi's waiting, he's blowing his horn. Already I'm so lonesome I could cry (well, maybe, maybe not. . . give me a few weeks. . .)

1 comment:

Rose said...

I hope you had a great trip "home" Eileen...
Rose